HOME > ABOUT > FAQ’S
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Have a question for Jaybird Skincare? We’ve endeavored to cover them all below, simply click on the question to view the answer!
If you still can’t find your answer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaybird Skincare is 100% Australian-made & owned, 100% cruelty-free and vegan. We are committed to providing you with professionally formulated, high-end product ranges with no hype and no fillers that are potent, yet incredibly gentle on the skin. We offer a collection of products to specifically target and cater for all skin types, with each and every ingredient having a single purpose, and that is to nourish and nurture the skin. We use only ethical, naturally active, Australian Native Extracts and Botanicals, and organic ingredients of the highest-quality standards to ensure we are providing products and a brand that we can stand behind.
Our formulations and products have been designed so that they can be mixed and matched together, allowing you to tailor-make a perfect fit for your skin, depending on your needs. Regardless of your gender, age or skin type, we have a range for every face.
Inclusivity is also extremely important to Jaybird Skincare. Our products are not bound by gender; skin colour or age, we are for everyone. Regardless of how big or small our company is, at the heart of it all, we will always have a passion for improving the daily life of our customers and the planet.
We’re proudly 100% Australian-made and owned. Our products aren’t mass produced in a factory far away, they are formulated and hand-poured in small batches right here in Australia.
Being small batch and Australian-made allows us to offer you a more active, more premium product, ensuring that your skincare is as fresh as possible when it reaches your doorstep.
All orders are processed and sent from Jaybird HQ, located in Mackay, Queensland 4740
Wherever possible Jaybird Skincare chooses packaging that has a low impact on the environment, as we are very conscious of our environmental footprint. Almost all of our product packaging is recyclable; the only part that is not recyclable is the caps/lids, pumps and labels that are on our bottles and jars, so please remove these before recycling.
Before throwing your empty products in the recycle bin, give bottles and jars a quick rinse in used washing up water before placing them in the recycling bin. Ensure caps/lids, pumps and labels are taken off bottles and jars before placing them in the recycling bin (place these in the general waste bin). Please also check with your local council or on their website to see what they accept in their recycling bins. Each council has different rules when it comes to recycling and some are able to accept more than others.
All orders are sent to you beautifully wrapped in our sustainable, eco-friendly wrapping. This packaging is fully recyclable, from the box, wrapping, right through to the natural kraft paper tape with its starch adhesive. So, no need to separate this from the cardboard box as the tape is 100% biodegradable and 100% recyclable.
Whilst we are not Vegan Certified, we guarantee that all of our products are vegan and contain no animal products.
No, absolutely not! We are proudly 100% cruelty-free, and all ingredients that have been used in our products, have never been tested on animals at any stage.
Whilst we are not Organic Certified, we choose to use certified ingredients where possible. Organic ingredients used in our products are noted with an asterisk in the ingredients list.
No, we do not use any Palm Oil in our products.
Yes, some of our formulations are made using various Coconut and Almond derived ingredients.
If you have a nut allergy, you will need to talk to your doctor about what to avoid. Even though coconut isn’t considered a nut, some people who are allergic to tree nuts (like almonds, cashews, and walnuts) are also allergic to coconut.
Therefore, we cannot guarantee that if you suffer from allergies you will not react to our formulations. Please read our ingredients list carefully for each product.
No, definitely not. We have a serious ban on ALL nasties, so our products do not contain any toxins. We only use the highest-quality, 100% natural and organic ingredients.
Yes, in some of our products, however; they are naturally derived. For example, we use Potassium Sorbate (Salt Derived) preservative in our Toning Mists, whereas our Pink Velvet Clay Mask and Botanic Face Polish are free from preservatives due to their natural powder form.
No. We choose to embrace the power of Fruit Enzymes and Natural Ingredients. Our exfoliating products contain exfoliants such as; a superfine, preservative-free blend of Luffa and Organic Rice powder, Pomegranate, Organic Papaya, Pineapple White Willow Bark and Kakadu Plum.
No alcohol is used in Jaybird Skincare products.
Jaybird Skincare products are pregnancy and breastfeeding safe; However, we do still recommend consulting your doctor first before using any product during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Active ingredients are the ingredients contained within skincare products that are essential in making the products work. They actually work to address the skin concern the product is meant to target. That’s not to say that the other ingredients (the in-actives) are useless; they’re often key to helping the active ingredient perform its role.
Most of our products have an 18-month shelf-life. Our Exfoliants, Masks, Toning Mists and Hydrating HA (Hyaluronic Acid) Serum have a 12-month shelf-life.
Our products do not contain fillers or synthetic ingredients. We only use naturally derived preservatives that will not cause harm to you or to your skin, hence the shorter shelf-life compared to some products.
Once opened we recommend using products within six months. Did you know that this is what the little POA-Open Jar symbol on the packaging means?
Please also keep in mind, that the way a product is stored will also affect its shelf-life. We recommend storing them in a cool dry place below 30°C, out of direct sunlight.
Let’s break down the basic difference between each product and give you a brief understanding as to what they are designed to do. There is an order to using your products to maximise all the benefits they have to offer. Ideally you use them in the following order; Cleanser, Toning Mist, Serum, Eye Cream and Moisturizer – lightest product to the heaviest.
• Cleanser – Cleansers are the first step in any skin care regimen and their main role is to clean our skin without stripping the top layer. They are formulated to remove unwanted excess oil, sunscreen, makeup, dead skin cells, and other types of pollutants from the outermost layer of skin.
• Toning Mist – Toning Mists are designed to be used after cleansing your face and before you apply serums and moisturisers. A toning mist will soothe, balance, nourish and hydrate your skin as well as helping the skin to more effectively absorb serums and moisturisers.
• Serum – Serums are lightweight, provide a high concentration of active ingredients, and are formulated to have smaller particles allowing them to penetrate further into the skin, effectively delivering beneficial nutrients and hydration. Serums are used after cleansing and toning and before a moisturiser.
• Eye Cream – It is important to include an eye care routine into your regimen. An eye cream is a thinner and lighter texture compared to moisturisers. Eye creams help to slow the appearance of fine lines and aging, temporarily reducing the appearance of puffiness and help to brighten the eyes by lessening the appearance of dark circles.
• Moisturiser – Moisturisers have larger molecules than serums, so they are formulated to not penetrate deeply into the skin. They are primarily designed to hydrate the skin by forming a physical barrier to help skin stay hydrated and to lock in in the moisture and nutrients.
• Face Polish – Exfoliation is an important part of any skin care regimen. Exfoliating helps to increase blood circulation, speeds up your skin’s process by removing impurities, dead and dulling skin cells leaving you with a smoother, healthier and more radiant complexion.
• Mask – Masks are another important part of any skin care regimen and are only worn on the skin for a short period of time before being rinsed off. Face masks are formulated to provide a concentrated skin treatment to boost your skin’s appearance.
Depending on what your skin needs, there are a variety of masks to provide your skin with a nourishing, relaxing, spa-like experience in the comfort of your home.
• Sunscreen – Even though we do not offer a Sunscreen in our product range we are still big believers in using them daily. The fastest way to age your skin is to exposure it to the sun’s harmful rays. Sunscreen is a very personal choice and one sunscreen does not fit all. You are best to find the right Sunscreen to fit in with your skin type, your needs and daily activity.
Your type of skin is determined by genetics, although, it is also affected by other factors and can change over time. Understanding the different skin types and knowing which one you have will help you to create a skin care routine that suits you best.
If you are experiencing any symptoms that are ongoing or severe it may indicate that you’re dealing with an underlying condition and it would be best to seek help from a doctor or someone who specializes in skin such as a dermatologist.
There are five main skin types; Sensitive, Dry, Oily, Combination and Normal.
• Sensitive Skin (sometimes, it is referred to as irritated) – Sensitive skin is a more delicate skin, it is easily irritated and is more reactive to different factors that are usually tolerated by well-balanced skin. It is also pretty common for your skin to become more sensitive as you age.
General sensitivity can be triggered by certain internal and external factors, including high and low temperatures or your skin may not be able to deal with products that others apply onto their faces regularly. Symptoms may include redness, blushing/flushing, a rash, stinging, tightness, itching and burning.
• Dry Skin – Dry Skin consistently produces less oil (sebum) than normal skin, so you may generally feel a tightness in your skin and are more susceptible to flakiness and fine lines. If you have dry skin, it may also itch, feel rough in places, look dull and there may also be scaly patches.
Dry skin signs and symptoms may vary depending on different factors such as age, and health, it is commonly caused by external factors also such as the weather, low air humidity, harsh soaps, hot baths and showers.
• Oily Skin – Oily skin is excess oil on the face, it has a shiny appearance particularly across your T-zone (forehead, chin and nose) and feels greasy to touch. You may also find that Makeup doesn’t stay on and seems to “slide” off.
This skin type is caused by excessive fat production by sebaceous glands, usually it is common in adolescents and younger people. Excess oil can also be the result of heightened hormone levels, for instance during puberty, as well as during some parts of women’s menstrual cycle, during pregnancy and when they’re going through menopause, as sebaceous glands become more active during these times.
If you don’t treat your oily skin, pores can become clogged and enlarged, and dead skin cells may accumulate. Blackheads, pimples and other types of acne are also common with this skin type.
• Combination Skin (both oily and dry skin) – Combination skin is having a mix of both oily and dry skin. Usually the T- zone (forehead, nose, and chin), is particularly oily while the skin on the cheeks is normal or dry.
It can be tricky when you’ve got both, oily and dry skin together, and things start to get complicated. When it comes to products there is no one-size-fits all solution. Hydrating products may be too hydrating, oil-absorbing products may be too absorbing, and balancing products may not do much balancing. You may find that you will have to care for the different areas of your face differently, using two separate products that are formulated to treat each issue separately.
• Normal Skin – The term Normal Skin is widely used to refer to a well-balanced skin. You have small pores and you don’t normally deal with a lot of major skin issues. Overall sebum and moisture are balanced and the skin is neither too dry nor too oily, and does not need special care.
Sometimes trying to choose what you need for your skin can be a bit overwhelming and confusing.
We’ve tried to keep things easy-to-use for you by offering a simple, yet effective skincare range, suitable for a range of skin types and then we’ve added some additional special treatments for your skin.
Firstly, always choose skincare products according to your skin type (sensitive, dry, oily, combination or normal) and importantly, when you’re introducing a new product into your skin care routine it is best to do it one product at a time, that way you can easily determine if a product is not agreeing with your skin.
If you’re new to the world of using skincare (or just looking for a basic, bare minimum daily routine) the best way to start is to use a Face Cleanser twice a day (morning and night), always followed by an Eye Cream and Moisturiser.
For your skin to benefit the most, it is ideal to use a full collection of products. Therefore; there is an order to using skincare products to maximise all the benefits that they have to offer. If you are using the full collection, use them in the following order; Cleanser, Toning Mist, Serum, Eye Cream and Moisturizer – lightest product to the heaviest.
If you’d like to further add to your regime, you can try adding in additional Serums, Face Polish, and/or Masks.
Whilst Jaybird Skincare offers a Collection of products for five main skin types; Sensitive, Dry, Oily, Combination and Normal; our formulations and products have been designed so they can be mixed and matched together. Empowering you to tailor-make a perfect fit for your skin, depending on your needs.
• Mix Collection – All Skin Types
• Balance Collection – Oily / Problematic / Combination Skin
• Soothe Collection – Sensitive / Stressed Skin
• Quench Collection – Dry / Normal / Combination Skin
Jaybird Skincare products are currently only available exclusively from our website. We are open to being on the shelves of like-minded retail stockists, so stay tuned, this is something we may announce in the near future.
Unfortunately, no, we do not ship internationally at this current time. Orders placed on the Jaybird Skincare website can only be delivered within Australia. We do hope to bring Jaybird Skincare to other countries in the future!
The best way to contact us is by email: email@example.com or alternatively by phone or mail.
Phone: 0408 605 043
Postal Address: P.O.Box 4461 Mackay South QLD 4740